You probably do not think too much about the components of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or unless it is time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be very useful to understand how it keeps food and drinks cool—and Gold Pearland Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out everything you need to know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it is the time to hire refrigerator repair Pearland.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have household appliance for several years. A household refrigerator is able to store your food at the optimal temperature, to stop spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from inside of the appliance to the outside, using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Gold Pearland Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is attached on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and is there to disperse the heat collected from inside the refrigerator then out to the air.
The evaporator is installed in the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs warmth contained within it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator is not working, it is time to hire a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquified refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, transforming it into a liquid.
A thermostat regulates the current temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting a new cooling cycle as necessary.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Pearland for service right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and the next cool down begins. The unit attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquid state.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues its journey towards the evaporator, traveling through the many coils within the appliance and freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, cooling the temperature until it has reached the optimal set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and then returns to the compressor unit so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in several applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one place and then relocating it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a home, creates a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Gold Pearland Appliance Repair.
Gold Pearland Appliance Repair can service almost all common brands and models of refrigerators – includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our repairman in Pearland are trained to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, broken ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart functionality and countless other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working